I’m a firm believer in setting goals and making to do lists. It works for me to break a bigger goal down in smaller ones. Baby steps. The big goal is obviously becoming a surface pattern designer. That’s the big goal for everyone here.
My smaller goals during the next couple of months before the next module start are rather straight forward.
- Start an international website. I’ve had a Dutch blog for a very long time, but never bothered making an English site. Until now. Hello international friends! *waves*
- Design ten small collections. That’s about one collection each week, which is totally manageable.
- Focus on flowers. Flowers play such a big role in surface pattern design and I have kind of ignored them during the course so… Back to basics.
- Start a list with agents that I like. I don’t know whether I’m ready for an agent yet, but it’s probably interesting to see what kind of artists they take on and what kind of work they do.
- Trial and error. Trial and error. Trial and error. Times a million.
So what are your small goals? What do you want to have accomplished by the start of the next module (if you are taking that one)?